I am available for writing commissions, opinion pieces, essays, and articles. Here is a sample of some of my commissioned work:
- On grief, bereavement, and the Queen in the I-newspaper.
- Writing stories about women from across the East Durham coalfield for Durham Book Festival 2018: The World Above
- In the Sunday Telegraph, writing a response to Sheryl Sandberg’s essay on grief.
- In the Independent on Sunday writing about young widowhood and Hurricane Jude!
- Shortlisted for Guardian Short Story Prize in 2010 with T-Shirt Weather. (Any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.)
- Shortlisted for GQ / Soho House ‘City Stories’ Competition in 2012 with Late Night Final; investigative reporting how it used to be done, as told to me by my Grandpa…
- A short story about a short excursion on the Norfolk Broads : the-boat-trip